FASH 51 Creating a Garment Business (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Students learn how to organize and transfer their ideas for clothing design into a business that is viable and sustainable. Elements of a fashion business, financing, planning, branding, marketing.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Assess hislher creative and leadership skills
- Outcome 2: Describe the steps involved in organizing and operating a garment business, and write a business plan
- Outcome 3: Create and deliver an ""Elevator Pitch""
- Outcome 4: Identify appropriate sources for labor and materials
- Outcome 5: Analyze sales, branding and promotional tools
- Outcome 6: Estimate first costs and wholesale prices
- Outcome 7: Identify and analyze opportunities online for garment manufacturers
- Outcome 8: Evaluate product distribution, financial management and cash flow issues.