FASH 48 Fashion Show Production (4)
Lec-52.5, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Preparation and execution of a complete fashion show, from concept to runway, for a specific firm and audience; on and off campus production.
Strongly recommended for all fashion merchandising majors.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the purpose of a fashion show
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate skill in choosing a venue; selecting clothes, models and caterers; fundraising and sponsorship
- Outcome 3: Analyze the elements of fashion show management
- Outcome 4: Create the printed collateral materials used in promoting a fashion show such as posters, tickets, invitations, programs
- Outcome 5: Examine the components of publicizing a fashion show
- Outcome 6: Identify the protocol of fashion show follow-up
- Outcome 7: Appraise the overall success of the show in terms of clothes, models, music, and timing