FASH 36A Fashion Design I (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course provides a foundation in the design principles of fashion. Students work through carefully selected projects aimed at developing visual research skills, identifying design elements and communicating ideas.
Formerly FASH 36
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze the design principles in a given garment.
- Outcome 2: Summarize aesthetic trends in art and culture and their effect on fashion design.
- Outcome 3: Design garments that translate inspiration and fabrics into fashion designs.
- Outcome 4: Design garments according to specific needs, for example gender, age, season, etc.
- Outcome 5: Evaluate and integrate constructive criticism.