FASH 29 Pattern Grading (1)
Lec-8.8, Lab-26.3, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Theories and techniques for grading patterns into multiple sizes, including principles of fit, how the body grows, and various size ranges. Conventional methods are used to practice the basic principles of grading on a variety of pattern types.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Grade a standard production pattern into multiple sizes, using the pattern sliding technique.
- Outcome 2: Grade a standard production pattern into multiple sizes, using a gradometer or grading machine.
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast the theories and practices of industry grading, including both conventional and computerized methods.
- Outcome 4: Operate commonly used grading machines to grade patterns
- Outcome 5: Describe the principles and standards of garment sizing, and how they apply to the human form as it grows from size to size.