FASH 25C Weaving III (3)
Lec-35, Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
In further developing the students' knowledge of weave structures, emphasis is placed on theory and design. A major focus will be integrated surface design techniques with woven cloth to create signature fabrics for fashion and interiors.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze fabric drafts for 4-16 harness hand looms.
- Outcome 2: Design complex weave structures using computer weave programs.
- Outcome 3: Experiment with a variety of fibers in a woven cloth.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate the mechanics of the dobby loom.
- Outcome 5: Integrate surface design techniques with a woven structure.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate and critique textiles for apparel and interior fabrics.
- Outcome 7: Design and weave a portfolio of woven fabric samples that express a personal style.