FASH 25B Weaving II (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Advanced weave structures, equipment and finishing techniques are integrated in this class to design and weave original textiles. Computer designing and yarn selection are emphasized to weave fabrics suitable for fashion and interiors.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Interpret designs and instructions for advanced weave structures.
- Outcome 2: Plan, design, and weave a woven textile at an intermediate level using appropriate material and equipment.
- Outcome 3: Present woven samples in a professional format for portfolio presentation.
- Outcome 4: Evaluate weaving tools on the market and their intended use.
- Outcome 5: Locate resources available to the textile designer and consumer.