FASH 25A Weaving I (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A beginning course in the fundamentals of loom controlled multi-harness weaves. Emphasis on the fundamentals of fiber classification, yarn calculation, comprehensive drafting, weave analysis and fabric finishing techniques.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Design, plan and execute a woven textile using appropriate material and equipment.
- Outcome 2: Plan and develop construction techniques on paper drafts and computer drafts.
- Outcome 3: Appraise the proper hand loom suitable for specific textile constructions.
- Outcome 4: Interpret designs and instructions found in books and periodicals.
- Outcome 5: Distinguish the properties of various fibers and how they relate to the woven construction.