FASH 22 Textile Analysis (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Analysis of the performance and care of natural and man-made textile fibers, yarns, fabrics and other products. Fabric construction methods, fabric identification, dyeing and finishing processes are included. Discussion of current issues and innovations in the textile field.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the performance properties and physical characteristics of natural and man-made fibers.
- Outcome 2: Describe materials and processes used in making man-made fibers.
- Outcome 3: Identify natural and some man-made fibers by means of simple physical and microscopic tests
- Outcome 4: Identify the components of yarn construction
- Outcome 5: Analyze fabric construction to determine suitability for a particular use based on performance characteristics
- Outcome 6: Discern proper care and selection of textile products.
- Outcome 7: Identify the most common types of fabrics and fabric construction
- Outcome 8: Identify common finishes, dyeing and printing techniques