FASH 16 Garment Fitting Techniques (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to fitting on a live model. Students will learn to identify and correct fitting problems on a sample muslin garments, including bodices, skirts, pants and jackets. Students will then learn how to transfer those adjustments to the pattern to create well-fitting production patterns. Fitting issues for knit and stretch fabrics will also be addressed.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create sample muslin garments from first patterns for fitting
- Outcome 2: Analyze fit and hang of the sample or test garment on the live model
- Outcome 3: Assess and implement corrections to the muslin test garment to achieve proper fit.
- Outcome 4: Revise first patterns to reflect fitting adjustments.
- Outcome 5: Construct final test garment to determine if further fitting adjustments are required.
- Outcome 6: Translate all adjustments to create final production pattern.