FASH 16 Garment Fitting Techniques (3)
Lec-35, Lab-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to fitting on a live model. Students will learn to identify and correct fitting problems on sample muslin garments, including bodices, skirts, pants and jackets. Students will then learn how to transfer those adjustments to the pattern and use draping techniques to create well fitting production patterns. Fitting issues for knit and stretch fabrics will also be addressed.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create sample muslin garments from first patterns for fitting
- Outcome 2: Analyze fit and hang of the sample or test garment on the live model
- Outcome 3: Assess and implement corrections to the muslin test garment to achieve proper fit.
- Outcome 4: Revise first patterns to reflect fitting adjustments.
- Outcome 5: Construct final test garment to determine if further fitting adjustments are required.
- Outcome 6: Translate all adjustments to create final production pattern.