F SC 62 Rescue Practices (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Technical rescue practices of the fire service-vehicle extrication, confined space, trench rescue, high & law angle rescue, building collapse scenarios, fire ground rescue operations, and aquatic response emergencies. Examines current tools and technologies, role of fire service heavy rescue, operational issues confronting basic level rescue providers.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe fire service technical rescue apparatus and equipment used in the field
- Outcome 2: Identify and describe the basic ICS components as they relate to technical rescue operations
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast the roles and importance of technical rescue teams
- Outcome 4: Examine the 4 distinct tactical phases of technical rescue incidents
- Outcome 5: Identify different technical rescues and the associated specialized hazards of each
- Outcome 6: Describe basic safety practices used by fire department personnel to keep the public and themselves safe at technical rescues.