F SC 106 High Rise Fire Safety Director (1.5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Provides basic knowledge and skills in the preparation of facility emergency plans; fire prevention and protection; life safety systems; evacuation and relocation procedures; earthquake preparedness; management of various emergencies and coordinating with emergency responders. This course is for those falling under jurisdictions of the California Health and Safety Code.
F SC 106=JRNY 106
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the role and responsibilities of the Fire Safety Director position.
- Outcome 2: Define what qualifies as a high rise building and what occupancies require a Fire Safety Director as required by law.
- Outcome 3: Prepare and staff a Facility Emergency Plan.
- Outcome 4: Organize and maintain a building emergency response team and floor warden organization.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate people movement for emergency evacuation or relocation in a high rise building.
- Outcome 6: Define the features of building life safety systems and their maintenance and testing schedules.
- Outcome 7: Train members of the emergency response team and floor warden organization in the identification and use of facility fire safety equipment; people movement; evacuation needs of the physically disabled; emergency communications; fire prevention and Appropriate actions to be taken during emergencies.