F SC 105C Fire Training Work Experience (2)
Lec-52.5, Lab-17.5, Work-120 to 150
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: F SC 105 A, B, C, D, and E combined, maximum credit: 7 units
Off-campus work experience with the San Francisco or South San Francisco Fire department. Student job performance will be evaluated by an on-site supervisor in the following soft skills; judgment, initiative, cooperation, dependability, punctuality, competence, and ability to learn. Meets California State Fire Training volunteer time requirement for Firefighter 1.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe the purpose, scope, and role of local fire departments.
- Outcome 2: Identify operations of both truck and engine companies at emergencies, along with specialty units and how they operate together.
- Outcome 3: Analyze, demonstrate and explain the importance of possessing academic knowledge and the ability to link it to a job within the fire service.
- Outcome 4: Recognize, demonstrate and practice disease prevention techniques by use of personal protective equipment at emergency and non-emergency situations
- Outcome 5: Analyze dangerous situations and assist with retrieving appropriate tools and equipment for fire personnel.
- Outcome 6: Explain local ordinances and standard operating procedure for their assigned department in the following area; fire prevention, fire suppression, and protocols for emergency medical services for the appropriate county site-supervisor.
- Outcome 7: Apply medical protocols during medical emergencies
- Outcome 8: Demonstrate Standard Operating Procedures in the use of tools and equipment.
- Outcome 9: Apply knowledge's and skills gained through drill evolutions at the firehouse and Division of Training at emergencies.
- Outcome 10: Explain the importance of teamwork at emergency and non-emergency training
- Outcome 11: Complete assigned tasks with and without direct supervision at emergency incidents.
- Outcome 12: Identify future training needs for intern