ET 139B Plumbing System Design Fundamentals (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Design and sizing for a wide variety of plumbing systems, acoustics in plumbing construction, plumbing system specifications, plumbing construction costs, coordination of plumbing design with other construction work, energy conservation and review of plumbing installations.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Relate engineering principles to air, gas vacuum, water and fire protection systems in buildings
- Outcome 2: Interpret plumbing regulations and integrate engineering codes into plumbing systems efficiently
- Outcome 3: Design and select appropriate equipment for various systems such as water and waste treatment, compressed air, vacuum, medical gas, pools, irrigation and fire protection
- Outcome 4: Interpret construction documents and estimate construction costs
- Outcome 5: Appraise an energy efficient design.