ET 108A Practical Mathematics I (4)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Concepts, techniques and applications of arithmetic and elementary algebra emphasizing applications to practical problems. Interactive and traditional problem solving methods. Class interactive group exercises applying mathematical techniques to various applications and real world problems.
CREDIT/DEGREE APPLICABLE (meets all standards of Title 5. Section 55002(a))
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Analyze real world situations and problems using algebraic equations.
- Outcome 2: Compare fractions, percentages and decimals to each other.
- Outcome 3: Apply a working knowledge of area and volume involving exponents and roots.
- Outcome 4: Measure and analyze time, weight, volume and dimensions.
- Outcome 5: Analyze and graph algebraic equations.