ESLV 3844 Healthcare Communication III
Designed for all health care professionals with upper intermediate English language proficiency. Develop integrated language skills for phone and e-mail communication in health care settings, strategies for communicating with special-needs patients, resolving conflict with co-workers, understanding legal and ethical issues in health care, and researching racial and cultural health disparities.
Offered every third semester
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Develop health care career goals.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with patients and families regarding health care needs
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with other health care professionals
- Outcome 4: Identify critical health care issues
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural work environment.