ESLV 3842 Healthcare Communication I
ADVISE: Health care background, completion of ESLN 3600
Basic computer literacy (ESLB 3821
Designed for all health care professionals with upper intermediate English language proficiency. Develop integrated language skills for career options and requirements in health care, patient-centered communication techniques, interaction patterns among health co-workers, assertive communication, health care systems and traditions, and cultural diversity in U.S. health care contexts. See also ESL 20
Offered every third semester
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the requirements and responsibilities of different health careers
- Outcome 2: Engage in effective communication with patients and families.
- Outcome 3: Engage in effective communication in the healthcare setting.
- Outcome 4: Identify critical health care issues
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural work environment