ESLV 3841 Beginning VESL Communication
Development of verbal and nonverbal communication strategies for successful interaction in multicultural workplaces for beginning level English learners.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify characteristics of a successful worker in a U.S. multicultural workplace
- Outcome 2: Engage in effective on the job communication including non-verbal communication.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate basic understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
- Outcome 4: Relate personal information, past work experience, education and training, and other work related information in oral and written form.
- Outcome 5: Recognize basic rights in the U.S. workplace.