ESLV 3840 VESL for the Biotech Industry
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3600
or equivalent language ability
Introductory level lecture course covering basic scientific language and applying it to some fundamental concepts of biology. An orientation to the field of biotechnology and professional opportunities.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compose lecture notes during academic lectures and synthesize information from lecture notes for use on exams.
- Outcome 2: Compare and use a variety of reading strategies for comprehending articles and science textbooks.
- Outcome 3: Write correspondence and reports necessary in the biotechnology field including resumes and cover letters for specific job announcements.
- Outcome 4: Prepare for oral presentations on assigned topics in biotechnology.
- Outcome 5: Employ a variety of study skills to comprehend and retain biotechnology content.