ESLV 3834 VESL for Child Development B
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3400
(Intermediate Low 4)
Practice in language needed by workers in the childcare field. Strategies for reading simple material on childcare philosophy, trends, and practices. Familiarization with popular children's books, nursery rhymes, finger plays and games for pre-school-age children. Job skills focus. May be taken before or concurrently with VESL for CDEV "A".
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify terms in the child development/childcare fields.
- Outcome 2: Interpret simple articles and be able to identify and state main points.
- Outcome 3: Apply oral skills to present children's books, fingerplays, songs and nursery rhymes aloud.
- Outcome 4: Engage in effective communication in simple face to face conversations with children, co-workers, parents and supervisors in childcare settings.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate work performance including plans for improvement.