ESLV 3825 VESL for Career Exploration I
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3200
or equivalent language ability
Verbal communication skills and vocabulary related to getting a job, discussing personal goals, and understanding cultural/social skills as they relate to the U.S. workplace. Also see ESLV 3825 (VESL and Career Exploration II).
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify some basic values, customs, and obligations as related to the work world in the United States
- Outcome 2: Interpret aspects of workplace culture/ social values in the United States.
- Outcome 3: Interpret positive and negative body language and gestures in the U.S. workplace
- Outcome 4: Recognize basic orders, requests, directions, and criticism on the job.
- Outcome 5: Recognize hierarchical work relationships in U.S. companies