ESLV 3816 ESL for Janitorial Workers
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3300
(Beginning High 3)
Students develop good verbal communication skills for janitorial work. English terminology of equipment, supplies, common tasks, and safety are included.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and pronounce names of basic tools and equipment.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate understanding of basic janitorial terminology and tasks.
- Outcome 3: Recognize, calculate and record limits of measurement.
- Outcome 4: Respond appropriately to basic orders, requests, and directions on the job.
- Outcome 5: Recognize job hazards and demonstrate ability to practice general safety.
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate understanding of basic workers' rights on the job.