ESLV 3806 ESL for Housekeeping
ADVISE: Literate in native language
For those interested in entry-level positions in housekeeping. English language acquisition related to housekeeping such as identification and use of cleaning products and electrical appliances, health and safety procedures, crime prevention, the social security system, transportation, record keeping, employer/employee relations, elder abuse, and job search preparation.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe house cleaning principles and methods
- Outcome 2: Explain the uses of various cleaning products and techniques
- Outcome 3: Identify electrical appliances and their uses.
- Outcome 4: Explain health and safety procedures as they apply to housekeeping work
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate understanding of employer/employee relationships
- Outcome 6: Demonstrate successful job readiness for a housekeeping position