ESLV 3804 VESL for Clerical Workers
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3500
(Intermediate Low 5)
Communicative language required for general clerical work. Terminology related to office procedures, forms, filing, and telephone training is emphasized. Language for job search and job retention is included.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and pronounce common office supplies and equipment, and procedures.
- Outcome 2: Respond appropriately to basic orders, requests, and directions used in clerical jobs.
- Outcome 3: Interpret general office work culture through critical thinking and problem solving activities.
- Outcome 4: Use basic telephone knowledge, common phrases and appropriate etiquette in answering/making office phone calls and taking messages.
- Outcome 5: Apply job search skills to look for clerical work.