ESLN 3800 lntermediate High 8
ADVISE: ESLN 3700
or placement in ESLN 3800 (Intermediate High 8)
High Intermediate 8 language skills. Extended conversations, discussions, and lectures in special fields of interest. Comprehension of authentic reading material on a variety of topics including main ideas, inferences, vocabulary from context, and conclusions. Development of unified and cohesive written compositions.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize essential points of extended discussions, speeches, or lectures on familiar and unfamiliar topics.
- Outcome 2: Use appropriate syntax, register, word choice and control of grammatical patterns to communicate in extended conversations and interviews.
- Outcome 3: Use a variety of word analysis and vocabulary skills to determine the meaning of new words in extended authentic texts.
- Outcome 4: Interpret information from extended authentic readings on familiar and unfamiliar topics.
- Outcome 5: Write cohesive, well-developed compositions of multiple paragraphs.
- Outcome 6: Use Intermediate High Level 8 structures and forms.