ESLN 3780 Intermediate High 7/8 Multi-Level
Intermediate-High ESL students develop listening skills in order to understand extended discussions or lectures, and express themselves with increasing fluency and grammatical accuracy. Students read authentic materials and write paragraphs or brief essays.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify essential points of discussions, speeches, or lectures.
- Outcome 2: Utilize appropriate formality and grammatical patterns to communicate in extended conversations or interviews.
- Outcome 3: Apply word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new vocabulary in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 4: Interpret meaning on a variety of common topics in authentic reading materials.
- Outcome 5: Organize and compose paragraphs or brief essays and letters, using appropriate syntax.
- Outcome 6: Use Intermediate High language structures and forms.