ESLN 3700 Intermediate High 7
High Intermediate 7 language skills. Extended conversations, and discussions and/or lectures. Comprehension of authentic reading material including main ideas, simple inferences and vocabulary from context. Development of organized and connected written paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize essential information in conversations, speeches or lectures in a variety of contexts.
- Outcome 2: Use appropriate syntax, register and word choice in extended conversations and interviews.
- Outcome 3: Use a variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new vocabulary in authentic texts.
- Outcome 4: Interpret information from authentic reading material on a variety of common topics.
- Outcome 5: Write a cohesive, well-developed composition of one or more paragraphs.