ESLN 3700 Intermediate High 7
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3600
(Intermediate Low 6)
High Intermediate 7 language skills. Understanding of increasingly extended conversations, discussions or lectures. Speak about familiar topics with little hesitation. Read authentic material identifying the main idea including making simple inferences. Write well-developed paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize essential information on a familiar subject in a spoken English speech or lecture.
- Outcome 2: Use appropriate syntax and formality to participate in extended conversations and interviews
- Outcome 3: Use a variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new vocabulary
- Outcome 4: Interpret information from authentic material on a variety of common topics
- Outcome 5: Produce a composition or report for a specific purpose
- Outcome 6: Use Intermediate High 7 structures and forms