ESLN 3600 Intermediate Low 6
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3500
(Intermediate Low 5)
Intermediate Low 6 language skills. Comprehend spoken and written English containing some unfamiliar words. Participate in increasingly extended conversation on some unfamiliar topics beyond survival needs. Understand short reading passages differentiating between fact and opinion with some accuracy. Write a clearly organized paragraph with relevant ideas and clearly organized ideas.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize spoken English containing some unfamiliar words in mostly familiar contexts.
- Outcome 2: Engage in increasingly extended conversational exchanges about topics beyond survival needs.
- Outcome 3: Use an increasing variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words.
- Outcome 4: Differentiate fact from opinion in simplified reading material and some authentic material.
- Outcome 5: Construct relevant ideas and appropriate details into one or more clearly organized short paragraphs.
- Outcome 6: Use Intermediate Low Level 6 structures and forms.