ESLN 3600 Intermediate Low 6
ADVISE: ESLN 3500
or placement in ESLN 3600 (Intermediate Low 6)
Intermediate Low 6 language skills. Participation in extended conversations on some unfamiliar topics. Comprehension of short reading passages and vocabulary development. Development of clearly organized paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Engage in extended conversational exchanges about topics beyond survival needs.
- Outcome 2: Construct relevant ideas and appropriate details into one or more clearly organized short paragraphs.
- Outcome 3: Use Intermediate Low Level 6 structures and forms.
- Outcome 4: Identify main ideas in spoken English containing some unfamiliar words in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 5: Use a variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words in familiar authentic texts.
- Outcome 6: Interpret authentic and adapted narratives and descriptive passages on familiar topics.