ESLN 3580 Intermediate 5-8 Multi-Level
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3400
or equivalent language ability
Intermediate non-credit ESL students will develop the skills necessary to participate in extended conversations with some unfamiliar vocabulary. Students will be able to summarize familiar authentic material. Students will write short letters and paragraphs on learned topics.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify general meaning and details of extended conversations with some unfamiliar vocabulary.
- Outcome 2: Engage in extended conversations beyond survival needs on some unfamiliar topics.
- Outcome 3: Identify main ideas in short narrative and descriptive passages of familiar topics.
- Outcome 4: Compose short letters and summaries of learned material.
- Outcome 5: Use appropriate intermediate level language structures and forms.