ESLN 3560 Intermediate Low 5-6 Multilevel
Students improve speaking, listening and writing of English on topics beyond survival needs. Students develop vocabulary and reading skills. Students write paragraphs and give short speeches on familiar topics using clear organization.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize spoken English containing some unfamiliar words in mostly familiar contexts.
- Outcome 2: Engage in English conversations in formal and informal settings on familiar topics with increasing ease and accuracy.
- Outcome 3: Use an increasing variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words in context.
- Outcome 4: Differentiate fact from opinion in simplified reading material and some authentic material.
- Outcome 5: Organize relevant ideas and appropriate details into one or more clearly organized short paragraphs or speeches.
- Outcome 6: Use Intermediate Low language structures and forms.