ESLN 3506 Intermediate Low 5 - Reading/Writing
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3400
(Beginning High 4)
Intermediate Low 5 English skills. Learners comprehend extended conversations in familiar contexts. Readings include authentic or adapted narratives and descriptive passages. Level 5 grammar structures and forms are used to develop short, clearly organized paragraphs and messages.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Engage in English conversations containing some unfamiliar words on topics beyond survival needs.
- Outcome 2: Use an increasing variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words.
- Outcome 3: Differentiate fact from opinion in simplified reading material and some authentic material.
- Outcome 4: Organize relevant ideas and appropriate details into one or more clearly organized short paragraphs.
- Outcome 5: Use Intermediate Low 6 structures and forms.