ESLN 3500 Intermediate Low 5
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3400
or equivalent language ability
Intermediate Low 5 English skills. Learners understand increasingly extended conversations on familiar topics. Readings include authentic or adapted narratives and descriptive passages. Level 5 grammar structures and forms are used to develop short clearly organized paragraphs and messages.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Use spoken English in increasingly extended conversations.
- Outcome 2: Engage in conversations in familiar and some unfamiliar contexts.
- Outcome 3: Interpret a variety of words, phrases and simple directions in simple authentic materials.
- Outcome 4: Interpret simple, short narratives and descriptive passages on familiar topics using contextual clues to differentiate between fact and opinion.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write an organized paragraph or message.
- Outcome 6: Use the language structures and forms appropriate for Intermediate Low Level 5.