ESLN 3405 Beginning High 4 - L/S
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3300
(Beginning High 3)
Beginning High 4 language skills. Comprehend spoken English in familiar contexts. Communicate about basic needs and common activities and participate in basic conversations in routine social situations. Generate sentences into short, loosely organized paragraphs related to survival skills and personal topics.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify general meaning and some detail in spoken English on common topics in familiar contexts to participate in simple conversations.
- Outcome 2: Engage in simple conversations in a variety of common social situations.
- Outcome 3: Identify words in familiar contexts using visual clues in short authentic material.
- Outcome 4: Produce sentences related to survival skills and personal topics.
- Outcome 5: Use the language structures and forms appropriate for Beginning High Level 4.