ESLN 3400 Beginning High 4
ADVISE: ESLN 3300
or placement in ESLN 3400 (Beginning High 4)
Beginning High 4 language skills. Spoken English in familiar contexts, communication about basic needs and common activities, and conversations in routine social situations. Comprehension of simplified reading texts. Sentence development to write loosely organized paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Determine the meaning of new words by applying basic word analysis and vocabulary development skills.
- Outcome 2: Use Beginning High Level 4 language structures and forms.
- Outcome 3: Identify main ideas and important information on common topics in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 4: Produce simple conversations in a variety of common social situations.
- Outcome 5: Interpret simplified reading passages in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 6: Compose sentences organized into short, loosely organized paragraphs.