ESLN 3400 Beginning High 4
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3300
(Beginning High 3)
Beginning High 4 students further develop and expand their knowledge of beginning high language skills. Students learn to comprehend spoken English in familiar contexts, communicate about basic needs and common activities, and participate in basic conversations in routine social situations. They learn to generate sentences into short, loosely organized paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify spoken English from common topics in familiar contexts to participate in simple conversations
- Outcome 2: Produce simple conversations in a variety of common social situations
- Outcome 3: Determine the meaning of new words by applying basic word analysis and vocabulary development skills
- Outcome 4: Identify words in longer reading passages in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 5: Compose sentences organized into short loosely organized paragraphs
- Outcome 6: Use Beginning High Level 4 language structures and forms.