ESLN 3350 Beginning High 3-4 Intensive
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3200
(Beginning High 2)
Beginning High accelerated course. Students develop comprehension of spoken English in familiar contexts and participate in simple conversations about basic needs and common activities in routine social situations. Read simplified material on familiar topics. Generate sentences to form short, loosely organized paragraphs on a familiar topic.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify spoken English with some unfamiliar words well enough to participate in simple conversations.
- Outcome 2: Use English to speak about basic needs and routine activities in everyday social situations
- Outcome 3: Apply basic word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words in simple material on familiar topics
- Outcome 4: Identify familiar topics and construct limited meaning from some authentic material dealing with everyday matters
- Outcome 5: Produce sentences to form short, loosely organized paragraphs on a familiar topic
- Outcome 6: Use Beginning High language structures and forms in speaking and writing