ESLN 3300 Beginning High 3
ADVISE: ESLN 3200
or placement in ESLN 3300 (Beginning High 3)
Beginning High 3 language skills. Comprehension of spoken English in familiar contexts. Communication about basic needs and routine activities in basic conversations in common social situations. Comprehension of simplified reading texts. Sentence writing and introduction to short, simple paragraphs.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Determine the meaning of new words in simplified material by applying basic word analysis and vocabulary development skills.
- Outcome 2: Produce simple written sentences and short paragraphs related to survival skills and personal topics.
- Outcome 3: Interpret limited spoken English from learned topics and familiar contexts.
- Outcome 4: Use limited spoken English for basic needs and routine activities in simple conversations.
- Outcome 5: Identify information in simplified reading passages in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 6: Use Beginning High Level 3 language structures and forms.