ESLN 3200 Beginning Low 2
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3100
(Beginning Low 1)
Beginning Low 2 students further develop and expand their knowledge of beginning low English skills. Students learn language for daily needs and limited participation in common social conversations. Aural development, oral readiness, and reading readiness are emphasized. Simple writing practice is introduced.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize commonly used spoken words, phrases, simple learned expressions and questions in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 2: Employ simple learned phrases and sentences to engage in limited social situations using familiar basic conversations
- Outcome 3: Recognize and read numbers, letters, and sub-parts of familiar words
- Outcome 4: Construct limited meaning from simplified reading materials on familiar topics
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to write basic personal information, lists, and simple messages
- Outcome 6: Use Beginning Level 2 language structures and forms