ESLN 3200 Beginning Low 2
ADVISE: ESLN 3100
or placement in ESLN 3200 (Beginning Low 2)
Beginning Low 2 language skills. Language for daily needs and participation in basic common social conversations. Aural, oral, and reading development are emphasized. Simple writing is introduced.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize commonly used spoken words, phrases, simple learned expressions and questions in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 2: Employ simple learned phrases and sentences to engage in limited social situations using familiar basic conversations.
- Outcome 3: Identify limited information from simplified reading materials on familiar topics.
- Outcome 4: Write numbers, letters, high frequency words and simple sentences.
- Outcome 5: Use Beginning Low Level 2 language structures and forms.
- Outcome 6: Recognize and read numbers, letters, familiar words and simple sentences.