ESLN 3150 Beginning Low 1-2 Intensive
ADVISE: Literate in native language
Beginning Low accelerated course. Students learn basic language skills including frequently used spoken words, simple expressions and questions in familiar contexts. Survival needs listening comprehension, oral communication, reading readiness are included. Pre-writing skills are introduced.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize a range of frequently used spoken words, phrases, simple learned expressions and questions in familiar contexts
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to communicate survival needs using very simple learned phrases and sentences and begin to engage in social communication
- Outcome 3: Construct limited meaning from simple print materials on familiar topics.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to print numbers, letters, and a limited number of basic sight words, phrases, and simple sentences
- Outcome 5: Use Beginning Low language structures and forms