ESLN 3100 Beginning Low 1
ADVISE: Literate in native language
Beginning Low 1 language skills. Language for daily life and limited participation in basic social exchanges. Aural, oral, and reading readiness are stressed. Basic writing skills are introduced.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify frequently used spoken words, phrases and questions in familiar contexts.
- Outcome 2: Apply short phrases and sentences in learned common social conversations.
- Outcome 3: Find limited information in simplified reading materials using familiar words on learned topics.
- Outcome 4: Print numbers, letters, a limited number of basic sight words and previously learned simple phrases and sentences.
- Outcome 5: Produce Beginning Level 1 language structures and forms.
- Outcome 6: Recognize and read number, letters and basic words.