ESLN 3100 Beginning Low 1
ADVISE: Literate in native language
Beginning Low 1 students develop language skills and a general understanding of the content in simple written and spoken English. Students practice language for daily survival and participate in common social exchanges. Students learn to copy and print simple sentences.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify frequently used spoken words, phrases and questions in familiar contexts
- Outcome 2: Apply short phrases and sentences in learned common social conversations
- Outcome 3: Construct limited meaning from reading materials using familiar words on learned topics
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to print numbers, letters, a limited number of basic sight words and previously learned simple sentences and phrases.
- Outcome 5: Produce accurate Beginning Level I language structures and forms