ESLN 3020 ESL Literacy B
ADVISE: Semi-literate in native language
Development of ESL literacy skills. Emphasis on English sound/symbol correspondence, reading and writing simple English sentences.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify a limited range of simple spoken words drawn from learned material from the classroom
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to engage in very limited conversation to express basic survival needs.
- Outcome 3: Relate phonological sounds to letters and clusters of letters
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to write isolated words, phrases and high-frequency expressions from learned material
- Outcome 5: Use the language structures and forms for Literacy