ESLN 3020 ESL Literacy B
ADVISE: Developing literacy in native language
Development of ESL literacy skills. Emphasis on English sound/symbol correspondence, and reading and writing simple English words and phrases.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify a limited range of spoken words, phrases and simple sentences drawn from material learned in the classroom.
- Outcome 2: Engage in limited conversation to express basic survival needs and limited topics introduced in class.
- Outcome 3: Relate phonological sounds to letters and clusters of letters, and read a limited range of learned material.
- Outcome 4: Write a limited number of words, phrases, and simple sentences from learned material.
- Outcome 5: Use ESL Literacy B language structures and forms.