ESLN 3010 ESL Literacy-A
ADVISE: Semi-literate in native language
Orientation to the classroom and development of ESL literacy skills. Emphasis on oral English for survival and development of pre-reading and pre-writing skills.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Recognize a limited range of simple spoken isolated words, phrases and questions.
- Outcome 2: Use a few English words to express basic survival needs.
- Outcome 3: Identify letters of the alphabet, numbers and some simple words
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate ability to copy letters of the alphabet, numbers and isolated words and phrases
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to participate in ESL classroom activities.