ESLF 4008 Beginning High CALL
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3200
(Beginning Low 2)
Beginning high level English as a Second Language (ESL) listening, speaking, reading and writing skills are further developed through ESL language learning computer software in an ESL computer lab. Group projects will encourage listening and speaking skills.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the main points in spoken English on familiar topics without understanding every word.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to ask and answer basic questions and give instructions
- Outcome 3: Recognize the main ideas in short simplified readings
- Outcome 4: Compose sentences and write short messages or notes related to familiar topics
- Outcome 5: Use appropriate ESL language learning software programs and/or CD-ROM disks