ESLF 4006 Intermediate CALL
ADVISE:Completion of ESLN 3400
or equivalent language level
Intermediate level English as a Second Language (ESL) listening, speaking, reading and writing skills are expanded and further developed in an interactive computer lab. Learners are introduced to basic computer terminology and English language learning software. Students participate in short in-class group projects.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify the essential points in spoken English on familiar topics
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to communicate beyond survival needs
- Outcome 3: Use a variety of word analysis skills to determine the meaning of new words in context
- Outcome 4: Identify some main ideas in simplified readings on everyday subjects
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate ability to relate a common topic of interest in written English showing control of basic grammatical structures and forms.
- Outcome 6: Use the language structures and forms appropriate for Intermediate level ESL
- Outcome 7: Use appropriate ESL language learning technology to access and use commercial software, and/or CD-ROM disks