ESLF 3011 English Through Song Lyrics
ADVISE: Completion of ESLN 3300
(Beginning Low 3)
Using English-language music to learn listening, reading, writing, and conversational skills and grammar, and to develop awareness of American culture.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Discuss a broad range of themes in American culture reflected in song.
- Outcome 2: Analyze vocabulary and phrasing.
- Outcome 3: Recognize reduced speech forms and irregular grammar and pronunciation in lyrics.
- Outcome 4: Interpret readings related to songs.
- Outcome 5: Identify grammatical structures in songs.