ESLF 3006 Computer Assisted ESL
Completion of ESLN 3400
, ESLF 3056, ESLF 3556 or equivalent language ability
Intermediate level ESL listening, speaking, reading and writing skills expanded and developed through more extensive group computer projects in an interactive classroom environment. Instruction includes computer terminology and development and application of computer skills to a variety of projects.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Discuss basic needs, as well as initiate and respond appropriately in extended conversations about familiar and some unfamiliar conversational topics,
- Outcome 2: Apply basic word analysis skills, as well as computer-based technologies such as electronic computer software and online dictionaries to determine the meaning of new words.
- Outcome 3: Interpret simplified readings on familiar subjects, identify the main ideas, and draw conclusions.
- Outcome 4: Produce simple grammatically correct sentences to form short, loosely organized paragraphs or simple E-mails related to survival skills and personal topics.
- Outcome 5: Use appropriate computer technology to access and use E-mail, commercial software, and online programs or content related to English language learning.