ESLC 3033 ESL Citizenship Multi-Level 5-8
Preparation for the U.S. Citizenship test given by the Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services for ESL Levels 5-8 students. Intermediate speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills are applied to answer test questions on personal information, U.S. history, government, and the Constitution.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Engage in extended conversations about personal history.
- Outcome 2: Relate major facts in U.S. history.
- Outcome 3: Report about the structure and functions of the United State Federal Government, the State Government, and local governments.
- Outcome 4: Report on basic facts and interpret values reflected in the Constitution of the United States including the rights and responsibilities of new citizens.
- Outcome 5: Interpret current events involving federal, state, and local governments.