ESLB 3821 Introduction to Computers for ESL-Intermediate
Introduction to computer skills for intermediate level ESL students. Overview of computer components and terminology. Introduction to applications such as word processing, Internet, e-mail, spreadsheets, presentation and other software. English reading, writing, speaking and listening skills are developed through a variety of computer projects and interactive classroom work.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate the ability to communicate about computer components using basic computer terminology.
- Outcome 2: Interpret word processing instructions to produce a simple document.
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate the ability to search for ESL level appropriate information using the Internet.
- Outcome 4: Produce appropriately written notes and memos using e-mail.
- Outcome 5: Relate information gained from a simple chart created by a spreadsheet program.
- Outcome 6: Produce a short oral presentation using presentation software.
- Outcome 7: Use computer-assisted language learning software to practice language skills.