ENGN 48L Introduction to Engineering and Technology - Laboratory (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A project-oriented, hands-on course to introduce students to the practices and methodologies used in Engineering and Technology. Areas of focus are electronics, mechanical construction/fabrication and technical mathematics.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Formulate procedures and construct mechanical projects using computer aided design, mechanical fabrication and manufacturing equipment.
- Outcome 2: Construct electrical circuits and/or wiring projects.
- Outcome 3: Calculate voltage, current, and resistance and experimentally verify the results through measurement on a variety of electrical circuits
- Outcome 4: Conduct experiments to trace signal flow in a simple electronic system.
- Outcome 5: Appraise electronic faults from failure symptoms in electronic circuits.