ENGN 10B Introduction to Engineering: Software Tools and Design (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to team oriented engineering design, problem solving processes, and the use of computers in the solution of engineering problems - including commercial spreadsheet applications and analysis/graphics applications. Emphasis on technical communication, teamwork, engineering design and problem solving methodologies. Multiple hands-on design projects.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Manage and organize team members to work on an engineering project.
- Outcome 2: Solve simple engineering problems from each discipline using theoretical mathematical models and/or experimental data.
- Outcome 3: Create an engineering graph using engineering graphic software.
- Outcome 4: Compose a technical engineering report using word processing software.
- Outcome 5: Summarize the development of an engineering design project with a presentation using presentation software.