ENGN 10A Introduction to Engineering: The Profession (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
The history and development of engineering as a profession. Engineering disciplines, job functions, educational requirements, transfer school information, academic success strategies, workplace skills, engineering ethics, sustainability principles applied to engineering, current and projected activities in the various branches of engineering.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish between the various engineering disciplines, job functions, technicians, and the types of problems they solve.
- Outcome 2: Formulate an educational plan to transfer in engineering to a four year institution.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate strategies and individual characteristics for academic, personal, and career success, specifically towards the goals of engineering and engineering technology
- Outcome 4: Understand and assess the role of professional engineering societies in education, engineering ethics, and career development.
- Outcome 5: Apply the basic principles of sustainability to the engineering design process.