ENGL 35D Intermediate Poetry Writing (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
In this intermediate poetry workshop, students expand their skills in writing, reading, and critiquing poetry, as well as share their writing with peers in a workshop setting.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Compose and revise poems containing imagery, alliteration, assonance, types of rhyme and figurative language.
- Outcome 2: Design a range of open and closed forms for poetic expression.
- Outcome 3: Analyze how imagery, lyricism, figurative language and ideas interact, reinforce and support each poem.
- Outcome 4: Appraise complex poetic elements and tropes in student and published work.
- Outcome 5: Assess student poetry and provide detailed criticism.